Thursday, March 16, 2006

Holy great wall of onion domes!

Lately I have been toying with the idea of going on the Trans-Siberian express. I mostly conjure up odd looks from co-workers when I mention it; why would I want to go through Siberia? Well friends, if you take a look at the map below it actually goes through a small slice of Siberia. You pass Lake Baikal, the Great Wall of China, prehaps go into Mongolia. There's this amazing list of stops to choose from. If you start out in Moscow, you can (should) stay there for a night or so to explore. I would go to Lenin's Mausleum in Red Square first but I suppose that's just my preference. Then you hop on the train for a few days then you can switch to the Trans-Manchurian express to go through Mongolia, stay a night, then go to China. Hang out in Beijing for a day or two then fly home. I'm going to do it.

No comments: