Sunday, July 08, 2007

Lord Gilmore ain't doing so hot


Well, I suppose you could ignore the last post about the epilepsy. I thought she was having a seizure but unfortunately, it is a lot worse. She has a respiratory infection, which could kill her. She hasn't moved much, and she hardly drinks water if at all. I loaded a syringe with a bit of water to hydrate her, which slightly woke her a bit. I took her to the vet and she wanted to keep her over night. On oxygen. I declined, only because I know that the stay would make her more stressed being without her cage mate. I did think it was sort of odd that they recommended that. As a small animal vet, wouldn't you know at least know that about gerbils? My other vet, knows her shit about a gerbil or two.
Continuing on, they prescribed two different types of antibiotics. I really hope they work because her butt looks pretty bad, almost to the point it could be Tyzzer's. I am hoping against hope that the Lord Gilmore can pull her self through this. She is a strong little gerb, I just hope she lives.

No comments: