Friday, August 06, 2010

Fancy Cookies, Fancy Times

(I wrote this in March, of 2005 while master controllin' in MN. I believe it was an overnight shift)


5:15am I gaze longingly at my now-empty bag of chips, with the hope of maybe some little mouse or a borrower decided to nest inside. Distraught, I throw the bag away, but not without taking one last peek in the bag.


5:18Am I decided to capitalize the A in AM.

5:19am After much debate, the a went back to lowercase.

5:19Am Alright, I sort of enjoy the large A. Very much in command, almost boastful, but not enough to intimidate.

5:20AM The M started a revolt among the letters and almost wouldn't stop until I made her capitalized. I thought I never wanted children. Until AM came along, I was childless.

5:23AM A told me a great story. She acted it out with a great flourish, so great that she knocked my tea over. I tell her everyday that there is a career in stand-up with her name on it, but she insists on being a exotic dancer/rodeo clown. It's her life.

5:26AM I think A wants to have babies. Last night, I overheard her telling M and that scrawny johnson boy from next door that she wants someone to fill her with babies.

4:30AM Whilst changing the clock to set the next alarm for my recording at 6Am, I accidently added an hour*. Mostly wishful thinking.

*Please do not feel led astray, I really didn't know that I am an idiot and added an hour. These events really did happen.

4:33AM A confessed that she was feeling a mommy tendancy. She told me that I wouldn't understand and that I am lucky to "own" ( I have tried to repeatedly tell her that it's built in) a uterus to spawn. I think the best part of this conversation was that she came home after her rodeo clownin' and still had her outfit on.

No comments: