Saturday, June 16, 2007

Arthur


I left my workspace a couple nights ago to use the ladies room. Wearily, the door scooted open and I was about to take my place upon my throne. To this day I am still shocked and very very appalled at what I saw: A cockroach the size of a mouse was guarding the toilet. Now, ordinarily I would try to squish or scare off the offending insect. Mind you, the size is what brought me to my senses. I saw the wing. That's all I am saying. Would I rather it flying at me in a closed space, or it just minding it's own business? I followed the latter, hoping against all hope that it would not decide to explore my leg. I lucked out.
Before I left for the day I utilized the facilities one more time. Arthur was gone. (I named him Arthur, although I feel that that's what he would've wanted) I prayed for the best, maybe he crawled back into the wall? After all, I did talk to him for a bit, it was the only way I could cope with having something that large sit next to me while I was indisposed.
The next night I came back to work without a thought of Arthur. I figured the cleaning crew had destroyed him. (Perhaps he would be upset to find out that the Dow Jones dropped? He did make mention of his following of the stocks) All the worry cleared away when I saw him in his usual position, except a little further in the shadows. I bid him good evening, and I took my usual place. His Antennae quivered; I crossed my fingers with all the hope in the world that he would not take off. Whew. He remained.
To this day I am not sure what happened to Arthur, but I wish him happy travels and all the garbage in the world.

No comments: