Thursday, January 02, 2014

Loner times

"Hey, I was just kidding!! Get back over here!"

The sun wasn't doing much to melt my shuddering shoulders. Even as a child, I never liked being around other children. Obnoxious. Bossy. Loud. Their stupid games and made up truths. The scaly reminder of "leaves of three, you should have let them be" was more pleasant company than my peers. At least I could imagine puffy, itchy animals in my battle wound. Carefully oozing calamine lotion to prevent opiate-like scratching, I insured that the pink goo would add to the creations I discovered. My mother would gaze disapprovingly, hinting without subtlety that others needed relief as well. I ignored all cries; I knew my uni-dragon needed it's tail and horn a delightful shade of frosty pink.   

No comments: