Thursday, January 02, 2014

Orange tinted dreams.

"Please, come back to me.." 

I pleaded with my subconscious while squeezing my eyes closed. Waking up after a Malarone induced dream left me somber. Especially since it involved an infant Orangutan purchase - I finally discovered the nurturing side in me.

I made no attempt to be an adult and prepare myself for the day. A quick glance at my mobile reminded me I did have 3 more minutes...in that window I could easily have at least 4 more ape adventures. Maybe I could teach it to hula hoop, drive a Cadillac, and hang up all my artwork. Practical with a dousing of outlandish seems respectable. Examining each challenge I had in store was proving to be far too lofty for the time frame I had to work with. A deep, frustrated sigh reminded myself that these shenanigans were to take place another time. As I slipped on a non-stink lined panty, I chatted to myself schizophrenically that I can always zone out at the office to the rhythm of the copier. My responsible voice rapped my loony one with a ruler, shaped like common sense. Being a responsible human sucked. With each whisk of the mascara, I envisioned my fingers being engulfed by tendrils of flowing ape hair. Unraveling my thoughts a bit prematurely, my lashes now resembled a big boned spider. The misfortunate of being out of cotton swabs also stabbed me - de-clumping my day dream mess was harder than braiding baby Orangutan hair. 


"C'mon, shake dat ass, show me wut you workin' with!"


Mystikal reminds me that I have responsibility in this life - to shake dat ass. Wait, no. To go to work. I haphazardly toss my shoes on, and forget my lunch, while displaying what this cracker is workin' with to the neighborhood. 

No comments: